Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rumour Has It, that Sharon Mathai is writing a Love Song for no Ordinary Person!

New series of blogs! Well, if you haven't guessed it, I am going to be blogging about my favorite contestants on The Voice.Well today I am going to blog about Sharon Mathai, better known just as Mathai.


^--- notice the honors banner
Sharon Mathai, 19, fresh out of high school and into college realized her gift was singing. I can relate in some sort of ways to Sharon, because she is Indian and I am Chinese, so pressures are very similar. Since I am Asian, I live in the same environment, pressure in school and being a doctor. (For the record, my parents are not that type, but other parents are... just in case my parents stumble upon this) I do want to become a doctor, but by my own choice. My mom is not a "tiger mom", but there are quite a bit of tiger moms where I live. For those reasons, I feel like I can relate with her, but then again I don't quite mind and I do not have a different dream.

So during the blind auditions, Sharon, Mathai, oh dear... I'll just say Mathai from now on. So during the blind auditions, Mathai sang "Rumour Has It" by Adele. Personally I do not like Adele covers, because many of those covers never sound good and the shoes are never filled. That was an exception for Mathai. She put a spin on the song and made it her own. The coaches couldn't see, but her stage presence was amazing. She was so comfortable on stage, that it was a bit shocking. Most of the contestants were criticized about how they were scared, but she was praised on her excellent performance in all ways. Adam turned around in less than 10 seconds, that is how much he loved her voice, (bet he was pleased by her stage presence as well).
Adam Levine congratulating Mathai

Cee Lo and Blake turned around, but ultimately, Mathai chose Adam. This decision was a good on. If I were in her shoes, I don't know what I would do. Personally I think Blake would be the best coach, because he wants your opinion and tries to do the most, for example, Dia Frampton opened on his tour, and Gwen Sebastian backgrounded for him on his tour. I think that either Adam or Blake would have been good for her.



Then in her battle rounds, she was selected to against Nicolle Galyon and they were to sing "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles. I kinda thought that it was a little bit obvious, until Nicolle was allowed to use a piano. During the episode, Mathai also learned from Alanis Morissette to give each note its true value, and another thing good about Mathai is that she is fine with help and she takes it and applys it.  When the piano was taken away, I felt a little bit better. 

Mathai and Nicolle Galyon
I like to listen to country, but Nicolle's voice was a little bit bland. When the song started, immediately I felt good. Mathai was shining bright and unfortunately Nicolle was a little pitchy. I was really glad how the song went, it was a good duet. I was happy to here when all the other coaches praised Mathai and picked her, and felt even better when Adam chose her. 


Then comes one of my favorite songs from her. I love that Adam (or she) picked "Ordinary People" by John Legend. I thought that was a great way to showcase her voice And was I right, she sang it wonderfully. Her voice was so unique and made the song a whole new song. And with her dress and her hair, I kinda felt she looked a little bit like Princess Jasmine from Alladin, with a green dress and a head band. The song did chart on the Top 100 of iTunes. I thought she was superb and the next day on the results show she was the first to be saved! Personally, I think that even though Carson Daly says, "...in no particular order..." I think it is, because Jesse, Erin Willett, Mathai, and Juliet Simms were all the strongest I think. So I think it was, so in my opinion, Mathai was the most loved by America on Team Adam which made me really happy! I can not wait for... oh wow just 2 days! 2 more days for Mathai's next performance. Also please check out her cover of "Yellow" by Coldplay! (Go there by clicking Yellow)


Next week, I will be blogging about ______. I'll give you a hint... This person is... on The Voice! (BTW, don't count the little lines, they are irrelevant, or are they...) Update: Mathai's The Voice album covers!





No comments:

Post a Comment